10.17.2010

Since the last update, I have...

I have not updated in so long and as the days progressed, I knew the more I would have to write and update, so I just didn’t haha. I’ve finally gotten to a point where I kinda have to blog and figured I would just write a little blurb of catch up and then have to keep the rest of the stories for coffee dates and such when I return. So here it goes...
Since last update, I have:
  • ·      Spent the night in a hut at a Zulu homestead where I “cleaned” the floors with cow dung, beaded an anklet, and watched some amazing Zulu dancing
  • ·      Become an expert at drawing blood
  • ·      Learned some more Zulu
  • ·      Gone to the Durban market 2x where I became more learned in the art of bargaining
  • ·      Gotten to know the people in my D-group (bible-study group) better who are absolutely amazing!
  • ·      Gone to ladies night at the restaurant down the road (amazing food for about &$5-$7 a meal)
  • ·      Seen zebra while hiking in the reserve
  • ·      Missed everyone at home at least once
  • ·      Learned to love Rooibos tea
  • ·      Found a coffee shop I like to study at
  • ·      Met more friends at dance fitness class which we go to every Wednesday
  • ·      Gone on a 3-day safari and seen 4 of the Big 5 minus the leopard (Big 5=Africa’s 5 most dangerous animals, lion, buffalo, rhino, leopard, and elephant)
  • ·      Gotten sick of rice and meat combination
  • ·      Stayed up too late doing homework
  • ·      Stayed up too late talking and watching movies with the chalet mates
  • ·      Been chased by monkeys and forced to fend them off with an umbrella
  • ·      Seen the biggest beetle in my life
  • -   Seen the most gorgeous sunset of my life
  • ·      Gone down a giant slip n’ slide in lightning and thunder at 11 pm at night
  • ·      Taught kids at Mpophomeni High School about alcohol and the effects it has on your body
  • ·      Printed pictures at the mall to finally adorn my walls with your pretty faces
  • ·      Switched places with my roommate during a hilarious game night
  • ·      Gone to a Sharks rugby game (in which we won!!)
  • -   And had such an amazing time with all the wonderful people here!
Can’t wait to tell you all more stories when I get back! Love and miss you all.
My roomate (of the weekend) and I with the Zulus in traditional dress
Our dinner appetizer of grilled meat and Zulu bread served traditionally. Yum!!
"Cleaning the floor"





Durban! :D
Spices at the Durban Market
Slightly computer enhanced sunset.

So awkward, yet so beautiful.
You can't see me, but I'm in the car :)





No comments:

Post a Comment